Nokia brand of phones introduced a new budget smartphone in India. The company on Thursday launched the Nokia 3.1 smartphone in India.
Nokia 3.1 the successor of Nokia 3 , the smartphone was launched in the country early last year.
Alongside the Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 5.1 smartphone, the all-new Android One handset was initially unveiled in Russia back in May this year.
The device has been included in the Android One program, which means it will receive regular monthly security patches for three years and two Android OS updates right after they are released.
- Runs Android One-based Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box.
- sports a 5.2-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- It features an octa-core MediaTek MT6750N clocked at 1.5GHz, paired with 2GB/ 3GB of RAM and 16GB/ 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage.
- Storage on the smartphone is expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB).
In the camera department,
- A single 13-megapixel autofocus sensor with f/2.0 and an LED flash.
- As for selfies and video calling, the handset comes with 8-megapixel fixed focus sensor with f/2.0 aperture and 84.6-degrees field-of-view.
- There is a 2,990mAh battery under the hood.
Connectivity options include:
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth v5.0GPS/ A-GPS
- GLONASS, Micro-USB, and
- a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Sensors onboard the Nokia 3.1 include:
- accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, magnetometer, and proximity sensor.
- The smartphone measures 146.25×68.65×8.7mm and weighs 138.3 grams.
Nokia 3.1 price in India, launch offers
The price of the Nokia 3.1 in India is Rs. 10,499 for the 2GB RAM/ 16GB storage variant, which is the only one HMD Global has brought to India.
The 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage model is not available in the country yet.
The three colour options are : Black/ Chrome, Blue/ Copper, and White/ Iron.
The Nokia 3.1 include a couple of launch offers from the Paytm Mall – customers that are buying the smartphone from an offline retail outlet by scanning the Paytm Mall QR code are entitled to 10 percent cashback on subsequent recharges and bill payments on Paytm.
Customers buying the smartphone are also eligible for two Rs. 250 movie cashback vouchers.
It can be redeemed against booking minimum two movie tickets via Paytm.
Also, on purchase the ICICI Bank credit and debit cards holders are entitled to a 5 percent cashback.
Above all, the users of Idea and Vodafone network will be given certain benefits.
Some words by HMD Vice President & Country Head India
“India is one of our top markets and Indian consumers, a top priority for us. We work to constantly enhance the experience on our phones to better suit the everyday needs of our consumers,” Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head-India, HMD Global, said in a statement.
Furthermore, he added that “Every single detail on a Nokia smartphone is designed with consumers in mind, which is why we are delighted to introduce a further refined Nokia 3.1 smartphone.”