The Face Unlock was one of the biggest surprise features of iPhone X. You too can experience the super-fast face unlock on your Android Phone running Lollipop and above (5+). Although it may not be as secure as Apple’s Face ID, it certainly is blazingly fast.
Follow these steps to enable Face Unlock on your device.
NOTE: The following method makes use of Smart Lock that was introduced in Android Lollipop (5.0). As such, the method works only on devices running Android Lollipop and above (5.0+). Also, make sure to set up a screen lock using a PIN, Pattern, or Password.
- Settings -> Security -> Smart Lock. You’ll be required to enter your PIN/Password to proceed, so do that.
- From the list of Smart Lock settings, tap on “Trusted face”.
- In the screen that follows, tap on “Set up”. You’ll now be shown instructions on how to add a trusted face. Tap on “Next” to continue.
- The device will now start to register your Face ID. Simply position your face inside the marked circle while the device registers your face. Upon successful completion, you’ll get a screen as shown below.
- To use Face Unlock, simply hold up your device to your face level in the locked mode. As you can see below, the icon on the bottom of the screen changes from “recognizing face” to “unlocked”.